Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The GSU You Don't Know About

WHAT EVERY GSU STUDENT SHOULD READ

BEFORE I BEGIN...
What's up friends? I know I been away for along time but trust it will all come to understanding on why I've been gone so long. But nevertheless today is a new day in the Entity World so lets all celebrate with this post that I'm gonna drop below. This mental, free base (#NoLILB) that you are about top read is gonna evoke thought and hopefully, allow you to want to make change in YOUR WORLD.

LET'S BEGIN...
Before I start, I want to send out this BRIEF DISCLAIMER: ALL THOUGHT AND IDEAS THAT ARE READ HERE ARE MY OPINIONS AND JUST MY VIEWS ON SOCIETY AS A WHOLE. SOME OF THIS IS FOR MERELY ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES, IF ANYTHING. I WANT YOU TO JUST NOT READ BUT TO START THINKING. THE WORLD IS NOT AS BLACK & WHITE AS YOU MAY HAVE THOUGHT IT WAS  (pun intended)
I absolutely love Georgia State, I feel that my belonging to this university goes on my "Best Things To Ever Happen To Me" list. I feel that it is a great university but there are some things that have bothered during my tenure here at this university. This problem has been forever constant, consistently evolving yet unseen, unheard, and continues to goes unnoticed. What is this problem you ask? There are TWO problems actually, the blatant unfair irresponsible, racist undertones that appear in GSU social life. And my favorite,  the Race Relations that have gone unnoticed on an administration level within the University. So I know you're asking yourselves, "Entity what are you talking about?! "  This is what I'm talking about...
1.) HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT IN A SCHOOL THAT HOUSES ALMOST 30,000 STUDENTS, IN WHICH MAJORITY ARE BLACK (32%) AND WHITE (38%) THAT THE UNIVERSITY'S ADMINISTRATION ONLY CONTAINS A HANDFUL OF "ETHNIC" MEMBERS, IF NOT ANY AT ALL ?

2.) WHY DID THE SCHOOL SPLIT UP "UNITY" PLAZA, AND SEND THE "URBAN" CROWD TO IN FRONT OF THE STUDENT CENTER ?

3.) WHY ARE PUNISHMENTS ON BLACK STUDENTS HARSHER THAN PUNISHMENTS ON WHITE STUDENTS ?
4.) WHY DOES IT SEEMS THAT THE SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION SUPPORTS MORE PREDOMINATELY WHITE ORGANIZATIONS THAN BLACK ONE'S?

Now I'm not saying Georgia State is a racial institution nor am I suggesting it, but (#shrug) something seems rather erroneous here. The problem, that is mostly disturbing is that students don't realize don't realize some of the issues that stem from some of these issues above create a rather "trickle down" effect that becomes irreversible. College, (I Feel) lays the foundation to your future, as an individual, and as a individual making contributions to society. Most students especially within the black community lack that mentor or person within the University whom they can look up to help them find their way as an individual. And let's keep it real, people gravitate toward people who have had the same experiences  as them, and to be frankly honest, most of the white staff at GSU can not relate to a small portion of black or ethnic GSU students. 

Now I'm not saying that not having black people within the administration causes for black students to fail, I'm saying that allowing for there to be an increase of black figures within the University's administration would allow a more positive morale among the black students academically. In addition it would bring a positive balance to the equality of incentives, punishments, and other miscellaneous intangible things that student face. In all honestly I feel that there IS a race issue here on the campus of Georgia State University. It starts from the front office and is seen all the way in the courtyard everyday. Is up to US the students to make that choice on whether we want to make that choice to demand that this unnerving closeted indoctrination to cease. GSU is probably one of the most diverse schools in the Georgia, yet it is also one of the most uniform institutions. Now that's a oxymoron for ya...


Think about it...


Want change (#NoObama) <- Can't stress that enough! lol


PLEASE,  let me know how you all feel about this one. What are your views? Am I right or wrong? Do you agree or disagree?  Talk to me !



RoyalEntity 


 

2 comments:

  1. I definitley feel you on this!Its crazy though b/c my white friends at GSU think everything is catered to the black students. I guess we'll never agree on the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, its like i always tell it GSU Does NOT Care About Black People.

    Sure they let us go to their school, but they don't have to like it. lol smh

    (In reference to previous comment) Whites will never understand the black struggle, so as long as they see a few more black students at their University as compared to the majority of other Universities, their ignorance will lead them to believe that the blacks are catered to. smfh to that

    ReplyDelete